Exchange Insurance & Rain-out Policy
Once a ticket is purchased, all sales are final and we are unable to provide refunds or exchanges unless a show is cancelled (see below).
If you are concerned about inclement weather, or if you think you may have a reason that might prevent you from attending a performance, your option is to purchase EXCHANGE INSURANCE. Here is how it works:
- You must purchase EXCHANGE INSURANCE on the same day that you purchase your original ticket (NOTE: all 2023 Season Subscriptions include Exchange Insurance).
- EXCHANGE INSURANCE costs $5 (this includes all taxes and fees).
- Each person who wants to come another night must have EXCHANGE INSURANCE purchased with their original ticket. For example, a party of 4 wanting to switch all of their tickets to another date must have purchased EXCHANGE INSURANCE for each ticket.
- You will have until the show begins (8:00PM/7:00PM on select dates) on the date of your original ticket to redeem your EXCHANGE INSURANCE for a ticket to a future performance. For example, “I can’t come tonight so I want to use my EXCHANGE INSURANCE for next week.”
- You MUST exchange your ticket PRIOR to your show. You can e-mail email@example.com, call the TUTS office at 1-800-514-3849, or present yourself in person at the TUTS Box Office.
- You must have your original order number.
- At the moment you redeem your EXCHANGE INSURANCE, you must choose a future 2023 performance.
- We will do our very best to give you similar seats in your same price range, but seating will be based on availability at the time that you redeem your voucher.
- EXCHANGE INSURANCE may be used one time only, however, you may choose to purchase EXCHANGE INSURANCE on your new tickets for an additional $5 each.
- EXCHANGE INSURANCE is just that, insurance, and it is non-refundable whether it is used or not.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE EXCHANGE INSURANCE:
Regarding inclement weather, there is a long-standing tradition in theatre that ‘the show must go on’, and for outdoor theatre, that applies in all cases ‘EXCEPT ONLY WHEN THE AUDIENCE OR PERFORMERS MIGHT BE IN DANGER’, which might be due to severe weather and/or lightning. TUTS has a ticket exchange policy for any CANCELLED performance. A show may be either CANCELLED PRIOR to the start, or CANCELLED BEFORE OR DURING a performance. If a show is to be CANCELLED PRIOR to starting, it will be determined three (3) hours prior to each performance. A notice will be posted on our website and on our Box Office outgoing message at 604-734-1917. We also circulate an announcement through radio and media outlets. If safety becomes an issue before or during a performance, we may temporarily delay the start, or temporarily stop the production, for no more than 30 minutes. In the event of heavy rain during a performance, we distribute complimentary rain ponchos as needed (although we suggest bringing your own rain gear if skies are cloudy on the night you plan to attend). If it is deemed unsafe for the performance to continue, we will announce that we are CANCELLING the performance. In the event of a show being CANCELLED, either PRIOR to starting (3 hours in advance), or at any time BEFORE OR DURING a performance, all tickets from that performance will be honoured for a future performance of that same season. If you hold TICKETS for a cancelled performance, they may be used at any future performance for that season. Please come to the TUTS Box Office with your tickets from the day of the rain-out, or your confirmation number. You will be re-booked with the best seats available in your price category, on a first come-first served basis. Thank you for your understanding… and ‘on with the show’!